Business Development Research Analyst
Eminent IT, LLC is seeking a Business Development Research Analyst to support our Business Development team in Arlington, VA.
- Perform primary and secondary research that includes analyzing industries, industry players and industry trends. Collaborate and work with other areas of Business Development and the operating groups to support capture pursuits
- Research contracts — contract history, customer background, incumbents, task orders, contracting trends, spending, etc.
- Profile companies of all sizes in terms of corporate background, strategic direction, core competencies, customer history and past performance
- Research the awards and vehicle performance of IDIQ holders
- Support BD leadership in pipeline development
- Develop a process to continuously update market research data
- Perform research and analysis in a functional role, prepare presentation materials, and convey analytical content
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a liberal arts area or government contracting, and at least 4 years of experience working as an analyst for a federal market research company and/or in the Business Development department for a contractor in the federal services market.
- Experience in tracking programs is essential and an understanding of the small business set-aside process is preferred.
- The candidate must also understand industry trends that impact the company and competitors. An understanding of the FOIA process is an asset.
- Proficiency with federal data sources such as BETA.SAM.gov (the former FedBizOpps and FPDS), the SBA websites, USA Spending, SAM.gov, federal industry publications and other public sources
- Proficiency with federal market research databases such as Deltek GovWin IQ and Bloomberg Government (BGOV)
- Competence in the Microsoft Office suite of applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability and desire to learn new tools and skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Ability to collaborate with team members in agile, iterative processes
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Excellent reading comprehension, writing, spelling, and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and write about complex topics
- Strong attention to detail, including grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously with attention to detail
About Eminent IT, LLC
Eminent IT, LLC is a Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a), Service Disabled Veteran Owned company, founded in 2009 and headquartered in Crystal City, VA. We are an innovative provider of Enterprise Software and IT Consulting Services delivering true business value and return on investment to Federal clients in the metropolitan Washington, D.C area. Eminent IT, LLC provides solutions and services in markets such as: Defense and Intelligence, Executive Branch and Civilian Agencies. We work collaboratively with clients to create solutions that ‘fit’ the client environment and use industry best practices.
Join us at Eminent IT, where we’re engineering Innovations, Solutions, and Results